Halloween is an interesting holiday that comes only once in a year. One of the biggest deals about this holiday is the Halloween costume. At least, 70 percent of Americans celebrate Halloween, and they spend an average of $80 per costume for each person.
If you have a family of four or more, you’ll have to spend about $300 on costumes worn only once a year; sometimes for life. If you don’t want to spend that much, here are a few things you can do to help you reduce the cost of a Halloween costume for you and your family.
1. REVAMP YOUR OLD COSTUMES:
A lot of people do not want to wear their old Halloween costumes; which is understandable. But you can make something entirely different from your old costumes. That way, you’ll only need to spend little or nothing to put it together.
– You can combine two costumes to be one
– Change the color of the costume by dying it or spraying it with colors
– Make incisions on it
– Patch it up with smaller and cheaper costume
There a thousand and one ways to revamp your old costumes and make them appear like new.
2. GO THE “DIY” WAY:
There are some amazing DIY Halloween costumes that will simply take your breath away. Take for instance, you can
– Dress simply and use a body marker to make some unique effects on your face
– You can make a new costume from beginning to end using old clothes
– You can do a crazy hairstyle and make up, for you or your little child
– You can make unique Halloween toy costumes for your kids using cartons and then painting them afterwards to make them look cool.
3. BUYING ONLINE
There are some great places to go online to find costumes at great prices and cheap shipping.
– Funwirks.com sells new costumes lower than other websites prices.- Ebay.com sells new or used costumes with many with free shipping.
– Costumesrock.com sells new costumes lower than other websites prices.
– Amazon.com sells many marked down costumes because of competition.
– Costumes.La sells new costumes lower than other websites prices. Low Shipping!
These websites can have some great deals and low shipping prices. Ebay even has used costumes for sale. It just takes a little searching.